Different plants' preferences for soil acid and alkali are not the same. If you want to make plants flowers and fruits, you must follow the needs of plant growth. soil. If your soil is not acidic or lime (reduce soil acid), there are some methods that can slightly increase soil acidity, so that plants that like acidic soil can grow happily.
1. The best way is to send soil samples for professional testing to obtain the most accurate test results.
Of course we understand that it is very inconvenient to pay for someone to give someone a lot of money just to give someone a soil acid value. But if you seriously want to plant or want to increase soil acidity, you should know that professional sampling tests are more accurate than you test at home. Although this is not the case, there are considerable differences in soil pH value of 5.5 and 6.5.
2. Try to test the pH value at home.
If you do not want to adopt the idea of \u200b\u200bprofessional soil testing, you can also test the soil acid and alkali value at home, but you must understand that the results of your own test are not as accurate as the professional reading. There are several ways to allow you to test at home and get quite correct reading:
• Test the pH value with test strips. This method can only tell you that the soil is mainly acidic or alkaline, but you can apply this interesting test to many different flowers, vegetables and herbs.
• Test the pH value with vinegar and baking soda. Another basic way to test acid or alkaline requires you to add vinegar and baking soda to the soil, respectively, and observe whether the soil has hissing (foam). If the soil is vinegar, it is alkaline; if the soil is foaming in the soda, it is acidic.
• Buy home testing tools. Home testing tools should give you the pH value of the soil. This number contains a larger amount of information compared to other test tools that given other \"acidic\" or \"alkaline\" results.
3. Remember to test the pH value of the water.
The groundwater and alkali values \u200b\u200bavailable to the plant can be watered from 6.5 to 8.5, but it is usually more alkaline, so as not to erode the water pipe.
If the water you used for watering at the beginning is alkaline (like your soil), you will need to perform additional steps to make the plants get the acidic effect it wants.
• One of the methods to cope with this potential problem is to use pure filter water. The pure water and alkali value of purity is 7, which is almost neutral. The use of pure water after filtration can effectively improve soil acidity, but the cost is expensive after a period of time.
4. No matter which test you do, you need to know how to read the pH value.
The acid -base value test substance is acidic or alkaline. The measurement range is from 0 to 14, 0 is the maximum acidVigorous (such as battery acid liquid) and 14 are maximum alkaline (such as pipe cleaning solution). The pH value is 7 as \"neutral\".
• For example, if your soil pH value is 8.5, this means that it is alkaline. You will need to add some acidic substances to reduce soil alkaline. If your soil acid and alkali value is 6.5, it means it is acidic. If you want to improve soil acidity, you must add additional acidic substances.
5. Confirm the type of soil.
This step is different from determining soil pH value, but it is a very important step. The soil type will determine the soil acidification method you should use.
• Good drainage and relatively loose soil will make the acidification process easier. Such soil can benefit a large number of organic compounds that acidify the soil during decomposition.
• The pile of clay and very tight soil will make the soil acidification process more difficult. Adding organic substances to such soils will only increase rather than reduce its alkaline level.
6. Add organic substances to the loose soil with good drainage.
Organic substances are the best choice to acidify such soil. The soil is acidified during organic matter, but a large amount of use can be used to reduce the pH value. Here are some good organic substances for you to consider:
• Make a pile of oak leaves
] 7. Add element sulfur with a very tight or large amount of clay soil.
As mentioned above, mixing organic substances into high -density soil can make the situation worse, because the soil will retain more water, thereby increasing its alkaline level. Therefore, the most secure way is to use elemental sulfur or iron sulfate to increase soil acid with high clay composition.
• When bacteria decompose element sulfuric acid sulfuric acid, the soil can acidify. Every 9.29 square meters of soil requires about 900 grams of sulfur to reduce the pH value of soil from 7 to 4.5.
• Because the element sulfur played slowly, it is best to mix it into the soil one year before planting to achieve the best results.
• Mix the element sulfur into the soil until 15 cm deep.
8. Add iron sulfate to soil with a very tight or large amount of clay.
Iron sulfate rely on chemical effects to produce acidity. Therefore, unlike elements, it needs to rely on climate temperature and bacteria to produce biological reactions.
• The soil every 83.6 square meters requires up to 4.5 kg of iron sulfate to reduce the pH value of one unit.
• Iron sulfate played faster than element sulfur. They can significantly reduce the acid and alkali value in two or three weeks, and do not need months. This gives you an additional advantage of iron sulfate, that is, you can decideIron sulfate was used in the same seasons.
• Be careful when using iron sulfate. They can leave rust spots on clothes, sidewalks and terraces. It is best to clean the clothes with iron sulfate separately from other clothes to avoid cross -pollution.
9. Use fertilizer containing ammonia (Arimonia).
In many cases, you only need to use ammonia -containing fertilizers to acidify the soil. Many plant fertilizers used in acidic soil contain ammonium sulfate or urea.
• Calcium nitrate and potassium nitrate are not used as fertilizers, even if they contain ammonia. This type of fertilizer will actually increase the pH value of soil.
10. If you have planted flowers or plants in the soil, use element sulfur.
Because it played slowly, it is not easy to make mistakes in the simple component. Without interfering with the root system, a large amount of sulfur sulfur is added to the wet soil as much as possible. Continue to monitor the pH value of the soil in the next few months.
11. Hold the urge to mix vinegar into the soil.
Vinegar can immediately reduce soil pH value, but in this case, it is not a good way. Because the change happened too much, disappeared too fast, and killed useful soil creatures. Avoid using vinegar unless you don't mind the death of the plants.
12. Use cottonseed meal as acidic fertilizer in one year.
For example, you have used iron sulfate to rectify the soil and have just planted blueberries. You can use a large amount of natural acid fertilizer (such as cotton seeds) to maintain the low acid and alkali value of the soil. Cottonseed meal is a by -product of cotton production, which is especially suitable for plants that like acidic soils, such as Yamama red, camellia and azaleas.
13. Monitor the soil pH value at least every year.
Check the soil pH value at the bottom of the plant, and add aluminum sulfate or other fertilizer (especially hydrangea) without destroying the root system. If you want to achieve the best results, you can use the commercial acid and alkali value test box or send soil samples for professional testing.
• Most of the ornamental plants and vegetables like the acidic environment between 6.5 and 6.8.
• Hydrangea, Yingshan Red, Rhododendron, and Blueberry preferences between 5 and 5.5 and high acidic environment.
14. If necessary, the soil pH value can be increased by lime.
In some cases, you are too hard to improve soil acidity, so that soil is too acidic for plants or vegetables you want to plant. At this time you need to add lime to alkalize the soil. There are three basic types of lime, namely limestone, lime or lime, and cooked lime. The type of soil and the species selected will determine how much lime you need to use. Check the instructions on the packaging or inquire about the gardener to get more detailed information.